Councillor Kevin Lake's Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog.†

My name is Kevin Lake,Conservative Member and Teignbridge District Councillor for Kenn Valley Ward and the Parishes of Exminster, Dunchideok, Ide and Shillingfords Kennford in South Devon.

The purpose of this blog is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward, Kenn Valley.

My responsibilities with Teignbridge District Council include membership of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee

I will clarify my other responsibilities in future blogs...



Monday 22 November 2010

Teignbridge District Council Recycling News!

Dear Residents,  

It was with great pleasure  after asking many questions along this issue to the team  at Teignbridge  that  they now can announce that plastic bottles can now be recycled through the green bin supplied great news for landfill!         

I know many felt it not always possible to travel distances to the nearest recycling bins  for these articles so many ended up in black bins ( landfill).    

I hope my little lobbying helped in this coming about, l must congratulate Teignbridge District Council and, its team/ Department responsible for their great achievements in this area ranking our authority amongst the best in the Country something we all should be proud of .       

Lastly l know Councillor Gordon Hook has played a key role in recycling and, its achievements  and, must be applauded for his involvement.   Lets hope in the not to distant future all plastics incl that supermarket wrapping is all accepted

Thank you.

0 Comments: