Councillor Kevin Lake's Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog.†

My name is Kevin Lake,Conservative Member and Teignbridge District Councillor for Kenn Valley Ward and the Parishes of Exminster, Dunchideok, Ide and Shillingfords Kennford in South Devon.

The purpose of this blog is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward, Kenn Valley.

My responsibilities with Teignbridge District Council include membership of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee

I will clarify my other responsibilities in future blogs...



Thursday 2 December 2010

Midas Milbury Farm development Exminster

 Just an update to let residents know l have officialy written to Communitys Secretary of State Eric Pickles to revoke the Midas  Development  on the grounds that new Goverment criteria ie Localism Bill renders this unrequired, unwanted ( by all three relevant Councils), and flawed development  irelevant, l will keep everyone posted upon their repsonse.

I have also gone on record officialy with Teignbridge District Council in relation to their Core Strategy,LDF that l oppose further developments in Exminster until the issue of Infrastructure is met financially which currently it is not with paltry finance obtained from current 106 agreements!

However with the New Governments Local ism Bill hope through its suggested 106 replacement the CIL  Community Imposed levy  ( £5,000 per property!) this seems a  way forward for underfunded and, commercially  plundered Communities like Exminster to fund the necessary School. pre School. Doctors surgeries  expansions necessary with further  housing demands.

The New Convex road safety mirror is waiting for funding from my Community Fund     it will be probably January 11 when with the kind offer of a local Builder and my  loyal assistant John Goody l will be able  to install it at the troubled  Westfield area of Exminster, something  l have been campaigning for  prior to my election in Nov 08!

I will shortly be approaching Teignbridge District council to   waive my entitlement to travel allowance to all the Main District Council meetings , l feel this is only decent and, correct in these very austere times when  residents are all facing increasingly difficult financial constraints! ( saving around  £120/200er yr ), some of my Councillor colleagues already decline perhaps all will follow this example!?

Thankyou for now Councillor kevin.A.Lake.

0 Comments: